Make-or-buy strategies as an important component of corporate strategy
Make-or-buy decisions go beyond the core business and also include the areas of personnel, IT, maintenance and other basic corporate functions. We support you in working out different options and also accompany you in evaluating external partner organisations.
- Analysis of the existing service and cost structure
- Development and evaluation of strategic options
- Market comparison and benchmarking
- Development of a make-or-buy strategy
- Creation of a roadmap incl. implementation planning
- Definition of Service Level Agreements (SLA)
- Preparation and monitoring of tenders for external services
Specialisation or generalisation, buying services or providing them yourself - these questions are becoming increasingly important in the disruptive age. The analysis of make-or-buy decisions is an integral part of the strategic planning of companies and has a significant impact on the profitability and interdependencies within an organisation. The decision depends on various factors, such as the availability of resources, the complexity of the task, the costs, the quality and the speed with which the task must be completed.
We support you in deriving fact-based decisions with analyses on a strategic and operational level. In doing so, we draw on in-depth market and methodological knowledge, an immense wealth of experience from numerous realised projects and, above all, the holistic perspective typical of pom+, which also takes into account the comprehensive knowledge of emerging trends and impacts on your field of activity.
Do you have any questions? Our experts will be happy to help.